DOB: 5th May 1995
Born: Melbourne VIC
Lives: Brisbane, QLD
Club: Gannets Diving Club
Trains: Brisbane Aquatic Centre
Coach: Xiangning Chen
- Selected in the 2011 National Development Squad
- Selected in the 2010 Commonwealth Games Team
- Selected in the 2010 "Target 2012" Squad
- Competed at FINA USA Grand Prix
- Competed at FINA Canadian Grand Prix
- Competed at the FINA World Championships
- Competed at the FINA Italian Grand Prix
- Competed at the FINA Canadian Grand Prix
- Commonweatlh Games, 9th 10 metre
- FINA World Junior Championships, 4th in 1 metre & 3 metre and placed 5th in the 10 metre
- Australian Elite Junior Championships, 1st in 1 Metre & 3 metre synchro (Taylor) and 2nd in 10m
- Boys Junior B Diver of the Year
- Australian Open Championships, 3rd in 10 metre, 4th in 3 metre synchro (Taylor) and 8th in 3 metres
- British Junior Elite Championships, Gold 10 metre, Silver 3 metre, 6th synchro (Taylor)
- Australian Elite Junior Championships, 1st 1 metre & 3 metre, 2nd in 10 metre & 3rd synchro (Tayor)
- Boys Junior B Diver of the year
Facebook & listening to music
WHAT CAREER INTRESTS YOU AFTER DIVING?
Somehting to do with sport as it’s something I can reate to eg: Physio. Later on maybe an engineer.
Matthew Adamson & Grant Nel
WHO INSPIRES YOU THE MOST IN LIFE?
People like Jimmy Stynes who never give up and Roger Federer as someone who can consistently be the best.
WHO DO YOU HAVE TO THANK FOR YOUR PERSONAL DIVING SUCCESS?
My parents who have put in just as much hard work as I have.
HARDEST THING ABOUT DIVING TO MAINTAIN YOUR FORM?
Waking up for early morning training
HOW DO YOU PREPARE FOR A MAJOR COMPETITION?
A good night’s sleep, and listen to music to take my mind off the competition
WHAT AGE DID YOU START DIVING AND WHY?
I started diving in 2003 when I was 8 years old at the Ringwood Aquatic Centre.
WHO WAS YOUR FIRST COACH?
Luke Aitken at Ringwood diving Club
HOW DID YOU GET INVOLVED IN DIVING?
My sister Shannon quit gymnastics for diving and really enjoyed it, I was always travelling in the car to and from the pool so I decided to give it a go.
WHAT WAS YOUR 1ST DIVING COMPETITION AND HOW DID YOU GO?
A novice competition and I think I finished 2nd. Most difficult dive would have been an inward dive tuck
DIVING CAREER HIGHLIGHT:
Selection for the 2010 Commonwealth Games Australian Diving Team in the Men’s 10 metre event.
DIVING CAREER ULTIMATE GOAL:
Compete for Australia at an Olympic Games
PERSONAL GOALS FOR THE FUTURE:
To be able to travel the world without diving. Retire from the sport with no regrets later on in life, and feel it was the right time.
SOMETHING THAT PEIOPLE MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT YOU:
My dad and 3 of my 4 sisters live in Melbourne while I train in Queensland with my mum living with me. It’s hard, but fingers crossed it all pays off in the end.
The Hangover & Never Back down
Lot’s of favourite bands, but just love listening to the radio, top 40 kind of stuff.
AUSTRALIAN TEAM REPRESENTATIVE HONOURS
|Delhi, India||2010||9th 10 metre|
|FINA World Championships||Shanghai, China||2011||26th 10 metre|
|FINA Grand Prix||Fort Lauderdale, USA||2012||8th 10 metre|
|Montreal, Canada||2012||8th 10 metre|
8th 10 metre
|Fort Lauderdale, USA||2010||15th 10 metre|
|FINA World Junior Championships||Tucson, USA||2010||4th 1 metre: 7th 3 metre; 5th 10 metre|
|British Elite Junior Championships||Sheffield, GBR||
|1st 10 metre; 2nd 3 metre; 6th synchro (Taylor)|
© 2014 Diving Australia. All rights reserved.